JUNE 26, 2023:
A fund has been established to help a Pierre family who lost their possessions in a home fire last week (June 22, 2023).
Cylie Jacob, Jeremy Davis and their kids, 7 year old Harmonie and 5 year old Sawyer (plus two dogs) lost all of their belongings.
Initially, the Thursday night fire was contained to the attic above the bathroom area where a malfunctioning ventilation fan caused smoke to spread throughout a single story home on the 100 block of Bulow Drive.
Firefighters were called back to the same address around 2:15am Friday when a neighbor reported smoke showing from the structure.
Fire Chief Ian Paul says the rekindle was likely caused from a hidden ember in the blown-in insulation as a result of the initial fire.
For those wanting to make a contribution to the family, there’s a fundraiser tomorrow (June 28, 2023) from 5-8pm CT at Pizza Ranch in Fort Pierre. There will be a donation box as well as 15% of sales during that timespan going back to the family. Donations may also be made to a GoFundMe account set up for the family.
JUNE 23, 2023:
The Pierre Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a structure fire at approximately 9:37 pm on Thursday, June 22, 2023. When firefighters arrived at the 100 block
of Bulow Dr. they noted light smoke showing from the single story residential home.
There were four occupants home at the time of the fire and they were able to evacuate. The fire was contained to the attic above the bathroom area. The fire was started from a malfunctioning ventilation fan located in the bathroom.
Firefighters were on scene of that call for approximately 1 1⁄2 hours. The family received Red Cross assistance for temporary housing.
Firefighters were called back to the same address around 2:15 am on June 23, 2023 to the report of smoke showing from the structure.
“When we returned to this location there was heavy smoke coming from the roof on all sides of the structure,” said Fire Chief Ian Paul. “We were able to extinguish most of the blaze on the outside of the structure by directing water streams into the attic area from various locations and then transitioned to an interior attack through the front door.”
The home suffered major fire damage to the attic area and moderate smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the home. The cause of the fire is not considered to be suspicious. The rekindle was likely caused from a hidden ember in the blown-in insulation as a result of the initial fire.
Firefighters were on scene of the call back for approximately 3 hours. Other responders on scene included Ft. Pierre Fire, AMR, and law enforcement.






Comments